Tuesday, June 14, 2011

In a Character’s Head

Since I write mostly in first person point of view, I spend a lot of time getting into my character’s brains. Seiran being one of the most vocal of my characters is pretty easy to get inside. And no it’s not because we are alike, we aren’t.

Sometimes even he won’t talk to me. So I often use profiling and character interviews to get back into the zone. There are a few characters that really just don’t like to talk about themselves. Like Jamie from Conviction, and Thomas from my WIP ghost piece.

Right now I’m working on Sam’s book and while he’s fairly vocal, he’s not giving me the events as easily as Seiran did. Profiling him doesn’t help. I know him inside and out. But I think he’s just tired. I did put him through a lot in the last two books. Sadly that seems to make him resistant to getting his HEA or even a HFN.

I just need to sit down and write and make him talk to me. Resistant as he is. I know he is mad that I turned him, but I gotta go with the flow. Maybe tonight we’ll get chapter two done.

No comments:

Post a Comment