Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Treat Others as You'd like to be Treated yourself

My new job gives me a lot of inspiration, I guess. Not always in a good way. This morning I took the elevator down (should have taken the stairs) and the was a group of co-workers chatting about the bosses in a not good way. As a new employee that stuff is hard to hear cause I want to like my job, I want to like my boss.

So like my normal turtle self I stayed quiet, ignored the conversation. The elevator gets to the ground floor and there is said boss. I walk out feeling a little guilty for not saying anything to stop the conversation, but knowing it's really not my problem.

Once everyone had walked away from the boss they all started laughing and talking smack again. I hurried ahead, more intent on getting to my break than usual.

Now don't go cringing, but I consider myself a Christian. I was going to become a pastor years ago, however it was the way the church treated people that made me leave. It was the way the world treated people. Not the way I believe God or Jesus or whatever divine power would treat people. It reminds me of the whole treat others as you'd like to be treated yourself.

I'd like to be left alone, so I leave others alone. I'm polite when I need to be, but I avoid people so they avoid me. It's a happy medium. I can't help but wonder if those folks talking in the elevator like when people talk crap about them. I guess if that's how you act, then that's what you're gonna get. And I just have one word to say to that. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment