Monday, November 5, 2012

Ascendance Release week! Contest starts!




Here is a snippet from this week's release Ascendance. Available for pre-order here


“Tresler.” One of the Tri-Mega, head vampires, was calling me. My heart pounded, and my blood felt like ice water running through my veins. “What can I do for you?”

“I’m interested in how you feel about being Gabriel’s focus.”

“Is he in trouble?”

“Of course not. He’s filed all the correct paperwork. We’ve approved his request to form a nest.” He sounded amused. “What interesting vampires will he create, being bound to the most powerful earth witch in the world, I wonder?”

“I wouldn’t say I’m the most powerful witch in the world.”

Tresler’s laughter sounded creepy and intimidating, even over the phone. But I suppose any guy who could probably melt your brain by just looking at you should have a scary laugh. “So unexpectedly modest.”

“Is there something I can help you with?” I finally said after a moment of silent debating on how to reply.

“Have you seen any unusual vampires around lately?”

“No.”

“Good.” The phone buzzed in my ear. What the hell? I shoved it in my pocket and made a mental note to ask Gabe about Tresler’s odd behavior later.

When I walked into my condo, Kelly sat sprawled out on the couch watching football. I went to the bathroom, turned on the jets in the tub, and waited for the steamy water to fill up before stripping down, putting a clear plastic baggy over my reader, and settling into a new book. Surely some hot guy would get his ass pounded by a warrior with a huge rod. That was the kind of escape I needed.

My mind wandered a few times to the letter. My uncle had left me stuff. Why hadn’t he left anything for Jamie? Was Jamie just not telling me he got a letter too? What had my father been like? I knew he’d been one of the leaders of the Ascendance, but everything I knew of the Ascendance reminded me of Andrew Roman, who had been an evil man. Where had the corruption begun? Had my father known? Had his brother been involved with the Ascendance too?


For the contest this week you can be entered once a day with comment with your name and email address on the blog and also once for following the blog. In addition if you share this on Facebook and/or twitter that will gain you additional entries. Please comment that you have shared.  Drawing will be held and announced on Saturday Nov 10th. 

10 comments:

  1. Please count me in! I can't wait to read Ascendance !
    +1 for following the blog
    +1 for retweeting

    Doublemom2001(AT) aol(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to this, so please count me in as well.

    Thanks

    + 1. Blog follower

    diannakayATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please count me in. Thanks!

    gisu29(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually cannot wait. But I will try! Retweeting, blog-following! Poor Sei, can't catch a break from trouble...

    brendurbanist at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please count me in.

    Blog follower

    scj_ger [at] yahoo [dot] co [dot] uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please countme in
    +1 following blog
    +1 Facebooked it
    +1 Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  7. ops forgot my email-love2read28@gmail(dot)com
    Dawn Roberto

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh please count me in!

    + Following blog
    + re-tweet - @Arella3173 & GR: Judianna

    Thank you so very much for the contest!
    Judi
    arella3173_loveless@yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Count me in please...thank you. I follow and tweeted as well

    Michelle
    chellebee66(at)gmail(dot)com
    https://twitter.com/ChellebeRae/status/265687911834480640

    ReplyDelete
  10. please count me in thank you...I follow and tweeted as well.

    sayron33@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete