Saturday, November 10, 2012

Me and Outlines

So I had all the great intentions of getting a lot of stuff done for nano. I even made an outline. Yeah. Outline. Hah!

I've written a lot of outlines in my life, and pretty much every one of them still has no book actually finished for it. So what did I do? I trashed the outline. Trashed the 6000 words I already have finished and restarted. Going by the seat of my pants is really the only way I know how to write. Yeah I have a general idea where I'm going, but I'm a pantser.

So pardon me while I scream out my frustration at being like 10,000 words behind for nano and like 30k for my own goals. AHHHHHH!!!!

I'm also trying to be more productive in my paying job, which means I have to stop writing and actually work. Sigh. I know right? Well on to the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment